Saturday 28 December 2019

Diana Was Off To Work,

so I popped upstairs,


to play with a couple of photographs, this one from our stay in Santorini, as it comes straight out of the camera,

a blue sky added and the foreground slightly brightened,

and a dramatic sky for effect,

Diana took this one when she and her family visited Phuket,

so add a few clouds,

or make a sunset scene,

out of the camera on Ben Nevis,

the same scene at night,

and on a cloudy day, all great fun for myself, it is amazing the effects that Photoshop can have on a plain looking photograph, it seems strange to think in my youth the statement 'the camera cannot lie', was banded about so much, and I still have so much to learn in Photoshop,

a few weeks ago I ordered some French cafe music of the 1940s or later, we both have so many fond memories of sitting in cafes in Paris, and today going downstairs I decided to make a playlist of them for my evening listening, when Diana is at work and I am at the table reading on Saturday evenings,

I guess I could have downloaded them, but for myself I prefer to buy the CD,

and then copy them to my telephone, and play the songs back through a bluetooth speaker,

the songs I like are old and not to everybody's taste, but this one will give you an idea of the music from the period I like, 

it is by Charles Trenet, titled Boum, and if you like the song and do not know or speak French,

here are the words (in French), so you can sing along!

and perhaps his most famous song, La Mer, which I am sure pretty much everyone that reads the blog will know, 

after my evening meal I was out to meet Steve for a drink in the Moon and Stars in Penge, Diana called so we popped on the bus and meet her at the station, we then walked home after saying farewell to Steve, feet up for us as we watched a couple from Mrs. Brown's Boys, then we were off to bed.


No comments: