Saturday 7 December 2019

When The Gardener Started Work Yesterday,

I thought the hedge would have been fully trimmed by today,


 but apparently not,

 just another few feet has been trimmed, so I guess he will be back,

 a quick look at today's advent bubbly,

 for the past week or so I have been reading up and watching videos on how to improve or give a different look to photographs, so today I decided to have a tryout with normal photographs, this is one we took on our visit to Bayham Old Abbey, as it appears straight out of the camera, totally washed out sky, the rest pretty plain and insipid would be a kind comment,

 I have started with exactly the same photograph with all of these, my first attempt, lots more structure and detail, some colour added and a new sky,

 not so much detail with this one as I tried a night sky,

a little more detail for this, plus a ominous thundery sky that I put a few sun rays in, great fun! I have to say if I can do this sort of thing after just a couple of hours for a few days reading and looking at 'how to', videos, how many totally washed out photographs have been made into prize winners?

 after my evening meal I was out to meet Steve at the club, we chatted the night away, after saying farewell it was a walk home for myself to wait for Diana's telephone call,

about 11.30 Diana called so back to the bus stop for me, we both walked home passing some of the homes in the park,  

arriving back tonight's bubbly, 

for tonight we watched one from Ripper Street, and with that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

One photo editing technique that I use that you might enjoy with your photos is The Orton Effect. (Here is a photo I took that I added Orton effect to.) In essence, it is taking the original image, creating a slightly blurred copy of that image, lightening the blurred image, and then combining it with the original image to give the objects in the photo a softened and glowing feel to them. It can make for very dream-like landscapes or soft-focus portraits.

Here is a good tutorial

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, many thanks for the tip, I have found a web site about the effect, so I will read up about it the next time Diana is at work and I have some free time to disappear upstairs, best regards, Stan and Diana.