Thursday 5 November 2020

For A Week Or More Now,

in the evenings, 


we have been tucking into a panettone cake, which is delicious, and then today I saw these cakes, photographs batterednbaked/Instagram,

they all almost look too good to eat,

Helen Nugent is the Toronto-based pie maker who specializes in stunning, intricately designed pies,

she is a self-taught food artist who abandoned her career in corporate communications to focus on her passion, baking,

Helen is recognized as one of the world’s leading pie artists, has her own cookbook, and collaborates with various food-themed magazines and even the Food Network,

“I was going to a friend’s house for dinner and saw a beautiful pie with concentric circles of leaves on Pinterest that I thought I could pull off and bring for dessert. From that moment on, I was hooked,” Nugent told BHG.com,

the food artist started coming up with all sorts of interesting pie designs, from geometrical patterns to floral motifs, but it was her husband, Jim Brand, whose photographed her work and shared in on Instagram, where it really took off,

asked what her best kitchen habit was, Helen Nugent said “I don’t have a lot of good habits in the kitchen! I’m messy. I lose things. I don’t plan ahead. It’s a bit of a minefield in there to be honest. If I have one good habit, it’s using timers for everything.”

if you’d like to learn how to bake artistically designed pies, 

you can pick up Helen’s book, Pie Style, on Amazon, and also keep an eye on her Instagram for more awe-inspiring creations, looking at all of these I am almost thinking about seeing how the cooker works!


No comments: