Thursday 12 November 2020

A Visit By The Crow,

started the day,


then blog posted, exercises completed, a shower, breakfast ate,

and I was on my way,

past the church,

and on to the post office, a few letters to post and I had to pick uo some stamps,

next stop past the war memorial,

where people were gathering for this so important day

after leaving the bank, back onto the bus,

to the dentist, joy of joys, my new gnashers were ready, I can now smile without looking goofy,

back on the bus to Homebase,

where they had a nice selection of orchids for sale amongst other plants,

but it was this department I was looking for,

not for a Christmas tree,

although they had plenty of them,

as an aside,

whilst I was here,

I thought I would pop outside and look at the real ones,

but my attention was taken by the heathers,

so many bright vibrant colours,

here were the real trees,

starting at £30,

and upwards,

but as we already had ours, I did not buy one, but I did buy a few things for the front door, I know it is early, but next week we will make a start on making the house ready for Christmas,

a walk back home through the park,

not many leaves left on the trees now,

this would make a great Christmas tree, a bit big though, it must be over 50 feet tall,

lots of people at the park café,

past the mansion,

now closed for the duration,

I stopped and looked back to the mansion,

as I was reading this sign about David Bowie,

in the evening a pre-meal read and a sherry,

mixed cold cuts for tonight as a starter,

'Cheers!',

shepherds pie for my main course,

another 'Cheers!',

just before midnight Diana called, so off to the 162 bus stop to walk her home, arriving back a slice of panettone each, a coffee, a chat and we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

John and Alley central Florida here...maybe you could answer question in your blog for all. Why is Park Cafe open and McDonalds open when there is a lockdown due to COVID? In USA they keep
restaurants closed if lockdown. Thanks in advance. PS COVID-19 getting worse here but just had tropical storm blow over central Florida and our home. Happy to report no damage but very high winds and heavy rain all night. You folks take care. jpo5626@gmail. Com

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, over here restaurants, pubs, café are all closed, UNLESS, they can offer a takeaway, delivery or drive through service, no sitting inside, some operations are geared for one or more of the above, some are not and some although they can operate have decided not to, O'Neil's for instance, could do do the same as the Trafalgar Tavern that I mentioned in todays post, but have for what ever reason decided not to go with this route and have just closed all of its many outlets, the point is that you can not enter the premises, the food/drinks have to be brought out to you as you wait outside, and there is no seating for drinkers or for those ordering food.
Over here I am not sure what is happening regarding Covid-19, there are so many conflicting reports as to if things are getting better or worse, all in the same newspaper! it is a classic case of
"my expert is more expert than your expert"
"No he is not"
"yes he is"
"no he is not"
"yes he is" etc. etc.
Sorry to hear about the storm, luckily we seem to have missed the worst of them in the south east so far, fingers crossed! take care, best regards, Stan and Diana.