Friday 27 November 2020

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

for two reasons,


firstly for some reason I took my old mobile telephone, that we only use for playing music into the bedroom, instead of my normal telephone, so I did not hear the alarm, the second reason was that I had an appointment to give blood samples, for my yearly check up, and I was nearly late, so eventually I arrived back home well rested, but behind on posting bits and pieces for the blog, so as time is moving on only one post for today, back to yesterday, another early start for both of us, the street lights still on as I returned from walking Diana to the bus stop,

whilst writing yesterdays blog,

one of the crows called by,

I am sure he watches me,

or am I imaging things?

I decided to pop upstairs and play with a couple of photographs from our walk along the River Thames on Tuesday, this is a view of the underside of the footbridge as it came out of the camera,

I sharpen it up a little using denoise, and added a small amount of colour and structure, 

then made the photograph black and white,

which I like for this sort of photograph,

they all look the same, but all are just slightly different, if you look at the main beam that goes across the picture about two thirds of the way up, you might see the difference in them,

for this one I decided on a black and white photograph but I wanted to put in a coloured sky, above is how it came out of the camera with no discernible sky,

 I changed the coloured photograph to black and white,

and added a cloudy coloured sky, what a disaster! try as I might I could not stop the sky from replacing the the glass in the buildings next to the Walkie Talkie, must try harder next time!

Diana called in the evening, she had been asked to work late, so it was not until nearly 11.00 in the evening that we returned,

then great excitement Diana's Pandora earrings arrived to go with the dress and coat that makes up the set, for some reason I had imagined that they would be made somewhere like Switzerland or Italy, but I was so wrong,

they were made in Thailand, we should have bought them when we lived out there! we watched a Midsomer Murder to go with the new panettone box we had just opened, and with the end of the programme, we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Hi Stanley-We enjoyed your touched up "Industrial Age Look" black and white photos of the bridge underside and buildings. Reminds us of black and white movies from the 1930's industrial period in USA. Shining steel showing power and brute strength.
So, my good friend in Vietnam set me a great set of VN art set to music. These are paintings that have been put to music in a video. I do not have origin and given he has family in France could be the root. Anyway if you would like for me to forward (you may end up sharing on the blog) let me know.
jpo5626@gmail.com
thanks for your window into life in London.
John Olive

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, when I first started photography in the 1960s it was all black and white, so I have kept posting many of the posts on the blog where I am using infrared, also as a black and white photograph, if you want to look at a few, type in infrared in the search box at the top left hand of the opening page and scroll down then hit Older Posts for more, off to Bournemouth tomorrow, but will be in touch late next week when we are back, best regards, Stan and Diana.