Tuesday 3 November 2020

Only Two Posts Today,

but at least I am now up to date,


just after Diana left for work, I went to Bromley by bus, in the market square the trees all decked out for Remembrance Sunday,

queues at Primark as usual, but I guess it will be slim pickings for them and many other business over the next month,

the same for Lakeland, I was here to replace our now empty CO2 cylinder for our soda machine, the assistant said there had been a run on these all morning, only 10 left out of the 40 or so they normally keep in stock,

I took a walk past the art deco cinema, to the Turkish produce shop to see if they had any of the large chestnuts that we like, but there were non in stock, my next stop was to Lidl in Beckenham, but it was not that easy, the 227 bus that normally holds 30+ passengers was now only allowing 14 passengers on board, a journey that should have taken 15 minuets at best took nearly an hour as both 227 and 354 buses that stopped were full with just a few passengers alighting and the same number being allowed on, 

eventually it was my turn for a seat on the bus, arriving in Beckenham I went to Lidl, the only place where I can buy wine in 3 litre boxes, buying a bag of wine in a box saves so much space when it comes to disposing of the empties, I did not take the car, the last time I was here it was impossible to park, the same today as I waited for the taxi the same cars were driving round and round the car park, vainly looking for parking space, with no luck whatso ever, I took a taxi as I had the months shopping to do, and it was very heavy, 5 boxes of 3 litres each of wine, 2 bottles each of spiced rum, 2 sherry, 2 bubbly, and I think I bought some food, then home and catch up with the blog,

Diana was asked to work for an extra 3 hours so she did not arrive at the bus stop until nearly midnight, we settled down with a coffee each and some delicious panettone cake, as we watched 2 episodes of Black Books, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: