Sunday 14 January 2024

After Diana Left For Work,

I too was out, 


whilst not warm it was not as cold as I had expected, 

I caught the bus to the shop to top up on RO water, not only for my fish but also the seeds of some Venus fly traps I had planted, 

 arriving home some good news, the letters the Inland Revenue had just a couple of days ago told me it would take 2 weeks to arrive, had in fact arrived today! the letters added to the rapidly increasing pile to be submitted, next it was feet up for Charlie Wilson's War, who just happened to be a true life person, it was about his help in Afghanistan, in a covert operation to supply arms,

I followed that with a black & white classic, The Hunchback of Notre Dame,1939, in 15th century France, a gypsy girl is framed for murder by the infatuated Chief Justice, and only the deformed bell ringer of Notre Dame Cathedral can save her, I liked the comment by Louis XI, the ruler of France, as he sat in his bath, some thing along the lines, 'you mean if I bathe twice a year the dirt is easier to remove? I'll think about that', I wonder how many times the poor at that time had a bath? but what a magnificent film, I enjoyed watching every moment of it again,

in the evening time for my read, tonight I finished the current copy of Private Eye, 

so back to the book I was reading before it arrivedRiding High by Ted Simon

the list of the countries visited looks more than impressive, 

and of great interest to me in the chapter I started reading he was in Cherrapunjee,

and here I was on my Indian travels, as it happens we have made over the years a number of posts about Cherrapunjee, you can see them all here, and a full video of my travels in India here, in it we are looking for new fish for the aquatic trade, 

we hoped this one would be a new species, but it was not, 

on to my evening meal, for tonight a starter of a prawn cocktail, 

followed by a hot pot, 

'Cheers!',

I followed that with Robin Hood, the 2018 version, a great far fetched but enjoyable romp through a part of Good Ole Merry England, during which Diana arrived home from work, so a coffee and a chat it was, after which it was a Endeavour before we were off to bed.


No comments: