Thursday 4 January 2024

I Mentioned Yesterday,

that there was a huge storm,


with lots of high winds, well they were so high they turned my sunbed over and parked it on the lawn!

and ripped the outer cover to shreds, next out to visit Duncan,

work starting on water main repairs, 

for 3 hours at some time on Friday there will be no water,

it was a nice clear day, not too cold unless the wind was blowing,

onto the number 54 bus and past the entrance to the park, the Christmas tree in the garden of Foxgrove Lodge blown over from yesterdays winds,

Peter Pan's Pool,

had a fair few geese visiting it,

clear blue skies,

in Catford the traffic almost as bad as it was before Christmas,

Lewisham market open this week,

unlike the florists, in Blackheath Village,

and the ticket office at the station next door, it was a good job I bought the tickets for this month last week!

hardly any commuters to London,

I had to change trains at Dartford, the fountain working this week,

a touch of cloud moving in over Gravesend train and bus station,

off of the 483 bus and up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan stays, 

blue skies again, but still a tad windy, inside I am afraid to say Duncan was feeling a bit down, he told me he had been ill during the week with stomach ache, although he said he was over it now he was not his usual chatty self, I stayed until his lunch arrived, 

and then out, what a difference a couple of hours makes, grey skies,

and a touch of drizzle in the air, I retraced my steps to Blackheath Village, 

where the florist were still closed, an extra day off for them,

one of only two successful bee gardens on the top of bus shelters to have survived the summer, 

hopefully it will carry on through the winter and flower in the summer time,

in the front garden of Foxgrove Lodge, the Christmas tree had been removed, 

as I walked through the park it started to drizzle again, 

arriving home I watched a couple of quiz shows before my evening read and sherry,

for my meal tonight a huge bowl of chicken noodle soup with sweetcorn,

'Cheers!', I hope the black area on the sensor moves!

after a BattleBots I settled down to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, we have of course watched it before, in case you have not seen it, the second in the series has Captain Jack Sparrow reminded he owes a debt to Davy Jones, who captains the flying Dutchman, a ghostly ship, with a crew from hell, which was great fun, as it happens we have the next 2 in the series so I will be watching anther tomorrow if there is nothing much on television, during this Diana arrived home so feet up for a coffee and a chat, we watched a entertaining Have I Got More News For Your, before we were off to bed.


No comments: