Thursday 11 January 2024

Do You Ever Wake Up With A Tune In Your Head,

and just can not get rid of it?


yesterday it happened to me, again! it was from a band some 44 years ago, released in September 1979, Making Plans for Nigel, from a not very well known band XTC, as it happens the song was featured in Far Out, from the blurb:

"Making Plans for Nigel is told from the perspective of overbearing parents discussing the future of their son Nigel. Like many kids of the 1970s, young Nigel appears to have his whole life decided for him by the powers that be. According to Moulding, the lyrics to the track were inspired by his father, “He wanted a university future for me and was very overpowering in trying to persuade me to get my haircut and stay on at school.”

and now I have made this post about it, it will be buzzing around my head again to day! the article from Far Out is here, on another note, I know that there will be no signs of the Venus fly trap seeds sprouting for at least 4 weeks, so what did I do today just two day after planting them?

look for signs of the seeds germinating! D'Oh!


No comments: