Friday 5 January 2024

I Started Again On Some More Paperwork,

for Diana's visa, yesterday afternoon a couple of emails arrived that allowed me to continue, 


also in the mornings post a Christmas present from Diana to myself arrived, the first of a years subscription to Private Eye, it is a British fortnightly satirical and current affairs news magazine, founded in 1961, it is published in London and has been edited by Ian Hislop since 1986, the publication is widely recognised for its prominent criticism and lampooning of public figures, (and for the number of times it has been taken to court - and won!),

photograph BBC Ian Hislop (on the right, with the other team leader Paul Merton, left,) is also one of the permanent team leaders in Have I Got News For You that we love so much, back to the magazine, one of the columns in this month’s copy is the Rotten Boroughs Awards 2023, a snippet from one of the many stories, from the article: 

“The Art of the Deal Award goes to the council that removed 185 bus shelters in anticipation of a boost to advertising income, after doing a deal with a new supplier who failed to deliver the goods”, 

the shelters were removed 3 years ago, the bus companies customers have been in the rain and snow since then, so what is the name of the borough? you will have to subscribe to find out! many thanks to Diana, buying a subscription was one of these things I had kept meaning to do since we moved back to the UK, but never got round to doing, in the afternoon I read 16 or so pages of it, 

after which I watched Matrix Reloaded, it is not often a squeal is better than the original, but for myself this one was, the fight sequences where Neo is fighting the Mr. Smith's is stunning, after my evening meal and a BattleBots,

 it was time for the next Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, we had watched it before, I mentioned I really liked the surreal scene on the salt flats, good fun indeed, after which Diana returned home, we then put on,

MIB 3, which did not fail to deliver, we had to watch movies as during the afternoon the BT box went mustang, so no normal channels, just ITVX, BBC ipalyer, YouTube etc, Diana tried to make it work but no luck, it is me and electrics again! and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: