Thursday 11 January 2024

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was on my way to visit Duncan,


but today luxury! Steve called round to pick me up so we drove to Gravesend, 

past the Ninth Life in Catford,

turn right to head out to the A20,

the trees along the way clipped ready for this years new growth,

hardly any traffic so it was a nice drive, 

as we made our way up the hill to the nursing home I normally walk up,

parked up and into the home, where sadly Duncan was not his usual self, he had one of his occasional days where he just was not there, is perhaps the best way to describe our conversations, after an hour or so we left for Beckenham, 

Steve wanted to pick up some RO water from Kingfisheries, opposite the shop Kathmandu Masala, as it happens we have a table booked for Thursday evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary, 

This 'N' That closed today,

the florists open, as was the café next door, so a full English for Steve, a bacon sandwich for myself, I said farewell to Steve and walked into town, stopping at our accountants to arrange more paperwork for Diana's visa, 

past the cinema, 

and into Boots to pick up my prescription, over the last few weeks I had not noticed that one of my medications was going to run out, so a panic call to the doctors for them to have some tablets for me today, 

a walk in the bright sunshine past Foxgrove Lodge, and home where I had some more paperwork to request, all I had to do was obtain one piece of paper from the Inland Revenue to confirm I had received my pension and paid tax on it, it sounds so easy just ring them and ask, 

note the length of the call, 58 mins 33 seconds! once through to them the operative knew exactly what I wanted, and in less than 3 minutes the call was finished, the rest was hanging on the telephone, that sounds like a song! and before you ask he confirm this form can not be downloaded on line, a personal call has to be made, it will take 2 weeks for the form to arrive, I asked if it could be emailed to me, "we do not do emails", so that was that, I then started on the next 2 bits of paper we needed, 

a read and a sherry at last! dealing with all of this paperwork is so time consuming, worst is a lot of it is the same as two and a half years ago, just different dates, for example proof of where we live, also we have to submit every page of both of our passports in colour, and I do mean every page, so 56 pages for Diana's and the same for myself, since we put the last paper work in we have not been aboard or changed passports, but we still have to send it all again,

for tonight a couple of bockworst sausage rolls, 

'Cheers!', after my meal it was feet up,

for Violent Knight, what a Christmas treat as Santa proves a team of mercenaries who break into a families’ house made a mistake, big time! Thoroughly enjoyable,

I followed that with Sisu, keeping to a lone hero, this was more gory that Violent Knight, and that is saying something! but I enjoyed the movie as well, both I had passed by a few times, I am glad I stopped at both of these now, after which Diana arrived home, so a coffee and a chat about the paperwork, I also mentioned that I would be picking up a letter of Friday from the accountants, as Diana has a early start tomorrow, we were then off to bed.


No comments: