Thursday 18 January 2024

Another Day Of Only One Post,

as first thing I will be meeting the gardeners,


the hedge between us and the next door neighbours is to be trimmed today, so I am overseeing that, also the 'Man with a Van', will be here first thing as well, it is time for the cellar to emptied of all of the junk that has accumulated over the years, back to Wednesday, I was out to visit Duncan, a chilly day,

so cold in fact Peter Pan's Pool had frozen over, 

grey skies, 

in Lewisham some of the traders were having a late start,

whilst others were already trading, 

not seen often on the streets, policemen, especially on horses! the photograph a bit blurred as the bus was crowded and I was sitting a few rows from the front, 

arriving in Blackheath the florists next to the station not yet open,

on the platform I had 2 pieces of good news, first the train was going through to Gravesend, no changing trains at Dartford, secondly it was the 09.31, which was late as it was now 09.37, if it had have been on time I would have missed it!

a few commuters waiting to the train to London, on the far side the track,

a new layer of stone was being laid, 

arriving in Gravesend a grey sky, but surprisingly no frost, 

off of the bus and up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan stays,

I arrived in the home where happily Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away for a couple of hours until his lunch arrived, 

then I retraced my steps to Blackheath, 

where the florists was open,

these potted plants bringing some nice colour to a grey day, 

on to the number 54 bus, one of 2 bee gardens, 

that made it through last summer and still looking good in the winter,

in to the park and home, Diana was already home, it was soon time,

for a sherry and a read, 

for tonight instead of my boxed wine I decided on a bottle of 1000 Stories Wine, 2018 Zinfandel, Batch 66, which was rather nice, Steve and Kai had bought it for me a few Christmases ago,

for our starter tonight, 

chicken satay, 

Diana had made a spicy salad, with cucumber, onions, red peppers, vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar, 

for our main course a huge T bone steak, with mushrooms in sauce for Diana,

sans sauce for myself,

'Cheers!',

time to tuck in, 

delicious! after our meal we watched a couple of Antiques Road Trips, followed by a Endeavour, before Diana was off to bed, I stayed up for a Have I Got More News For You before I to was off to bed.


No comments: