Saturday 20 January 2024

First Thing,

the gardeners were back,


the amount removed was far more than I thought, 

this was the third load going to the council tip,

as that was going on 'Man with a Van', arrived and started moving unwanted items from the cellar, 

all of the metal work in this truck,

everything else in this one,

hedge nearly finished.

another trip to the tip soon,

then I was out, Diana has an appointment to hand in all of the paperwork for her settlement visa on Wednesday, 

so I popped along to the station to change my ticket to visit Duncan from Wednesday to Tuesday, 

then a walk past the green and onto a number 54 bus, 

alighting at This 'N' That where Donna had just retuned from a holiday, looking suitable tanned, 

into Kingfisheries to pick up some paperwork, 

and a bus home to the park,

the hedge finished and all cleared up, 

Diana had already left for work as I had a read before my evening meal,

and tonight a treat, this fortnightly copy of Private Eye had arrived, so that will keep me busy for some time, just a small tit bit from the magazine about the UK's Post Office scandal:

£0.5bn Likely cost to taxpayers of compensating victims of Post Office IT scandal whose convictions will now be overturned

£10bn Global post-tax profits of the IT company responsible, Fujitsu, in the past 10 years – the minimum time victims have been waiting for justice

I just love this publication,

for tonight bangers and mash, Diana had prepared the meal for me, all I had to do was heat it up,

'Cheers!', after my meal I was out to meet Steve at the Moon & Stars in Penge for a pint or three, we chatted the night away,

before we said our farewells and we made a move for our homes, Diana was already asleep, so as I had a nightcap I watched a Gold Divers, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: