Tuesday 23 January 2024

For The Next Few Days,

I will only be making one post a day,

 
although it is Tuesday, today as soon as I post this I will be off to visit Duncan, the reason being that tomorrow, Wednesday, first thing I will be accompanying Diana to hand in all of the paperwork for her visa to stay in the UK, and on Thursday I have a early morning appointment with our solicitor to sign some papers, back to Monday the storm took it toll, when I looked out of the window our sunbed was missing from where it normally is, 

it was almost in the middle of the lawn!

not there,

but there with a couple of chairs that were also blown into the garden,

the table also blown over, thankfully it was not worse than it was, table, chairs and sunbed replaced in their usual places I was back upstairs,

I had only planted the Venus fly trap seeds on the 10 th. of January, and I know that none will sprout for at least another 3 or 4 weeks some will take almost twice that, but it does not stop me looking almost every day! and this morning there were a few sprouting,

about 12 or 15 of them, which is great news, except that sprouting so quickly, I have my doubts as to whether they are fly traps or not, time will tell, Diana was at work so in the afternoon I watched a Sherlock Holmes, one of the series starring Jeremy Brett, after which Diana arrived home and decided to have a nap, a early start this morning and another tomorrow, I watched a couple of quiz shows and a episode of Speed is the New BlackNoah Alexander and his team build and restore cars at Classic Car Studio in St. Louis, Missouri,

 

photograph Jim Brown/Car and Driver, in this episode a make over was given to a Chevrolet SSR, the standard version above, with 300 hp, 

this is the teams take on remodelling the car/truck, and swapping the engine for one with a more respectable 550+ hp! the only sad thing about programs like this, is they never say how much the conversion costs, by now Diana was up sipping a coffee as we settled down to watch,

 Season of the Witch, which got a very poor rating, but we enjoyed watching it again, the action and story were good, as were the sets and special effects, so no idea why it only scored 5.4 on the IMDB website, after which we were both off to bed.


No comments: