Wednesday 3 January 2024

First Thing,

we had a visitor, 


Reynard called by at the far end of the garden, 

unfortunately as I watched him it was apparent that he was injured as he had a lame rear leg, by the time my camera was ready again he started his way into the hedge, after Diana left for work, my work began, we are coming to the end of the 5 year process for Diana's visa to allow her to stay in the UK, so we have to present the Home Office with all of the paperwork they require, first call AVIVA, to request a up to date print out for my pension, I tried doing this online, but once logged in received the message, "Unfortunately we can not comply with your request!", so I rang them, the lady was very patient and talked me through all that I should, and in fact did do, she commented that it does the same to her! after an age of trying she suggested she would work on the problem at her end and I should try again later, that sums up what happened with not only AVIVA, but the Prudential, the Land Registry, for my business and for us, (we have to prove I own the shop and where were are), and my pension from the UK government, it all sounds so easy, but with anything like this it appears I am cursed, even simple things like the Land Registry, I opened an account with them the first time we applied for information from them, the pass word was remembered by Google, but it was this time not recognised, start again! I started at just after 09.30, I finally put the telephone down at just past 3.00 in the afternoon, so it was time to relax for my breakfast! 

I watched a few quiz shows and at about 6.00 in the evening had my evening meal, after which it was the usual BattleBots, I am always amazed at the power of these things, they all weigh about the same, the rules state a maximum of 250 pounds, but some are flipped several feet into the air with ease! as I was watching in the afternoon and evening the wind picked up to what must have been a gale, it was Storm Henk, and what a storm! during the evening the sirens in the distance of the emergency services could be heard every so often,

next a Australian Gold Hunters, which I followed with my film for the evening,

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, we had seen it before but it was great fun to watch again, when Diana returned it was just finishing, so feet up for a coffee and a chat about the paperwork I had printed that day and the promise of Prudential to email me the information in the next 5 working days, I should say I am only making one post today, and as soon as that is posted I will be off to visit Duncan, and with that we were of to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana-
Sorry you have so much expense and paperwork to comply for the visa update. We will assign Alley’s word “failed” to the government offices for have unusable it systems. I have the same issues yearly here while updating the government on my business annual reports etc. You fill everything out, only to be told at the end that report not accepted, please review all steps, correct, then resubmit. Well, there it is-failed!!!
On a good note, Reynard is still kicking-but sorry with only 3 feet. It has been a long time since his last visit-maybe with wintertime he will drop by for Pauline in the past.
Good luck on getting Diana’s visa updated and don’t get frustrated that while you follow the law, UK and USA are accepting many illegal immigrates that don’t file anything and get free housing, healthcare, phones, food etc with no work requirements. Your tax dollars at work! Before Alley became a citizen we faced the same ongoing paperwork nightmares and exploitation by Federal Government here of charging large sums for each step in the filing process.
As you say, visas seem to be a good earner for the government. They sure like to punish citizens any way they can!!!!! Corruption at its finest!
Best
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, this is the third time we have had to prepare all of this, the first time when we were in Thailand, then the same two and a half year later in the UK and now after another two and a half years this is the third and hopefully final time, each filling cost us £2,800 plus Diana's contribution to the health service of £800, plus so many others costs, when in Thailand X-rays and bloodwork, at naturally the only hospital recognised by the Home Office, the most expensive in Thailand! the cost of the visa to the government? on their own figures a total of £345! a total rip off, but we have no choice, if only Diana had arrived here on a boat it would all be free and she would have a social worker doing all of this for free! have a look here:

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/people-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats/

it is so galling to see this happen but like yourselves doing everything legitimately we get so heavily penalised, but there it is, I have not seen Reynard since then, I hope he is getting better, best regards, Stan and Diana.