Tuesday 2 January 2024

As I Get Older,

there are more and more things I do not understand, 


image Heatable, heat pumps being one of them, I have read a few things about them, noisy, expensive to install, not suitable for older buildings, or flats if you are not on the ground floor, or as in the US first floor, older houses need bigger radiators and better wall and window insulation, and in many cases I have read about, do not keep the house warm, apparently I am not alone with these thoughts, in Salford, Manchester, a decision has been made not to fit them, because of the cost, from the article:

'A plan to install heat pumps in Eccles Town Hall to make it more energy efficient has been abandoned because it is too costly. And the failure of the project also means plans to install similar systems in Salford city council’s 84 other public buildings - including schools - looks to be scuppered',

 also in the same article:

'a report to the city council’s property and regeneration says there has been a ‘lack of interest’ from potential contractors, with only one tender received and four withdrawn after they visited the site. “The commercial submission received is above the approved budget,”' strange that so many contractors have given up on them, I guess due to cost or difficulty of fitting the heat pumps, any way I still do not understand heat pumps, it must be my age!



No comments: