Thursday 16 April 2020

I Had A Walk To The Bank,

we do not have Internet banking,


 and I had to pay a bill with a cheque, in doing so I walked past Foxgrove Lodge,

 where the wisteria was starting to put on a good show,

 aptly situated at the junction of Foxgrove Road,

 although not yet fully open or in full colour, the next few weeks should see it in its usual annual glory,

 and in the next road, The Avenue, a cherry tree was putting on a show, arriving at the bank a slight hiccup, it was closed, apparently the bank now closes at 12.00 midday, I did not know that, but I do now!

 on the way back passing Foxgrove Lodge again, I noticed that the magnolia was in flower, 

 and nice they looked,

 as did the cherry blossoms in the verges by the road,

 arriving home, coffee and birthday cake, yummy! in the afternoon we watched a couple of quiz shows, 

 then time for our evening meal, a noodle dish for Diana,

beef mince and mash for myself,

 'Cheers!, we followed this with some strawberries, 

in the back garden the fox was waiting, 

 so a handful of peanuts went his way, we have started playing cribbage again, we play 3 games as usual, and for the past number of days all went well, sometimes 2-1 to Diana others 2-1 to myself, but today I was thrashed 3-0 to Diana, it would not be so bad except I taught Diana how to play!

as the light was failing the fox came back for some more peanuts, for us it was feet up for the evenings film, 

Diana decided on Outbreak, and it is about? a virus that could kill us all, nothing like being topical! we rounded the evening off with one from New Tricks and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: