Sunday 12 April 2020

Many Years Ago,

when I used to live in Rainham, in Kent,


I would often go fossil hunting on the Isle of Sheppey at Warden Point, photograph UK Fossils, the square objects in the distance are concrete block houses from WWII that have been undermined and fallen into the sea, back in the 1970s there were homes and a concrete swimming at the bottom of the cliffe as the sea moved inland, but anyway whilst looking for fossils I found so many sharks teeth, bivalves, gastropods and fish vertebrae, but one day I was very lucky, and found a crab in rock, not as big as the one in the video below,

but seeing the video reminded me of it, I should also say I did not have the air tools as shown in the video, just a couple of files and dentist picks, but it was still a fun day out and gave me more than a few hours of fun trying to extract the crab from the rock, I really will have to pop down there again at some time in the future and bring a packed lunch with us.


No comments: