Sunday 14 August 2022

After Posting The Blog,

a lazy few hours in the garden,


listening to more than a few shows from Just A Minute, all afternoon I was chuckling away in the garden, it is such a fiendishly simple show, all you have to do is talk about a given subject for just one minute, but, without hesitation, deviation or repetition on any subject that comes up on the card that the presenter reads out, Just a Minute was first transmitted on Radio 4 on 22 December 1967, three months after the station's launch, the programme won a Gold Sony Radio Academy Award in 2003.The format of the show was created by Ian Messiter and producer David Hatch, who put the pilot for the new game show before a BBC development board, who weren't sure that the series would run for more than six episodes, but it was so popular with the British public, including myself the show is still running! if you get a chance download a few episodes and give a couple of them a try, you might find yourself hooked and listen to more than a few,

after a shower I was off,

to the railway station to buy my tickets to visit Duncan on Wednesday,

but alas the offices were closed, and here is the problem the Senior Railcard I have paid for can not be used in any ticket machine, the tickets can only be bough face to face, and as the Blackheath Station office is always closed on a Wednesday morning, I buy them here, but here the office is seldom open on a Monday or Tuesday!

what a fool! I walked straight past the sign,

I took a couple of photographs of the huge dolls house,

in the charity shop,

it even has a man attic like mine!

past the church,

the hanging baskets looking nice at The George,

into Boots the chemist for my prescription,

over the road and past the florist,

that had a nice display outside,

into Lidl for my evening meal and some milk,

and on my way into the park and home, at the beginning of the park in Foxgrove Lodge the red of the geraniums looking so nice against the blue of the sky,

not a cloud in sight,

first a read and a sherry,

form my starter a prawn cocktail,

followed by a cottage pie, 'Cheers!',

for dessert some rum and raisin ice cream as I started to watch Tomorrow Never Dies, and at just that moment Diana arrived home from work, so the ice cream took a big hit! after the film we watched a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: