Thursday 11 August 2022

Another Day Of Just One Post,

it is Diana's day off today, Thursday,


so I am making this one post and then we will be out, back to Wednesday, another hot day as I made my way to visit Duncan,

hardly a cloud in the sky as I walked to the bus stop for the number 54,

on the top deck and looking down to the entrance to the park,

it always amuses me to see a sign for a duck crossing, I would have thought they would have flown to the other side!

I hopped I would catch the 09.33 train, but a slight snag at the garage as there was a driver change,

soon back on track as I passed the building in Catford nearly covered in plants,

the never ending building project coming into view,

one day it will be finished,

the flowers outside of The Watch House looking nice,

Lewisham market in full swing,

I arrived at the florists next to the station,

a nice show today,

including these peppers,

made it! with three minutes to spare, which meant I caught the connecting train from Dartford to Gravesend, as I left the station there I saw a 438 waiting, great! I ran to the bus, I was making great time, but you guessed it, it was the wrong 438, instead of turn left to take me to the nursing home it turned right on to the one way system around Gravesend, just my luck! I got off at the first stop, and because of the one way system it was a walk back,

so a walk through the market,

eventually leading to the High Street,

turn right towards the station and bus rank,

and I was back where I started, catching the 09.33 did not do me any good at all!

off of the bus and up the hill,

to the nursing home, where Duncan was in fine sprits, we chatted away, about some of the times we had together when we travelled to various oil and gas shows, as that was the field Duncan was in,

on the way back all of the buses and trains connected so well I did not have much time to wait, 

 but as I exited the station at Blackheath, there was my number 54 bus driving away from the stop,

it was a long wait for the next one,

after some time 2 appeared on the board,

looking across the road at the florists next to the station, if only I had been 10 second earlier, or the bus waited 10 seconds later, but there it is,

for a change I sat downstairs, as I passed the never ending refurbishment building, I noticed some concrete had fallen off of the building over the door exposing the brickwork, a bit more work needed there!

past the Downham entrance to the park,

Foxgrove Lodge almost hidden under the wisteria,

past the 'green',

and into Lidl, we needed some milk, and it looks like most of the hydrangeas that were here on my last visit have been sold,

just a few left,

these eustomas looking nice,

as did the cut flowers,

into the park and home, Diana was already home from work so as Diana prepared our evening meal,

 we watched Sleepy Hollow, Constable Ichabod Crane, (what a great name, Ichabod), has to find the headless horseman of Sleepy Hollow, who cuts off heads, in case you are wondering the village of Sleepy Hollow is a real place, a book entitled Sleepy Hollow is a personal reminiscence, written by Washington Irving under the pen name, Geoffrey Crayon, this article (not to be confused with The Legend of Sleepy Hollow [1819]) also written by Irving, first appeared in The Knickerbocker Magazine, in May of 1839, given that the film is set in the US, I was amazed at how much of it was filmed in the UK,

next a read and a sherry,

garlic bread for a starter,

followed by a steak,

eyes down and tuck in,

to round off our meal a raspberry ripple ice cream, then feet up for a Midsomer Murder followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: