Friday 12 August 2022

Diana's Day Off Part Two,

by now we were both thirsty,


so we made our way back to the DLR station,

passed underneath it,

and made our way to a few coffee shops, 

this dockside crane a memory of days long past, 

back to now,

a coffee shop,

2 iced latte coffees,

and a croissant for Diana,

I am guessing a modern take on a canal live aboard boat,

I was still amazed at how many high rises there were here,

and more going up,

thirst quenched,

back to the station,

a last look,

as we waited for the train,

Ta-Dah! they arrive literally every 5 minutes,

arriving in Lewisham, I just had to take a photograph of these huge prawns, yummy!

we made our way past the market,

and on to a waiting number 54, which was lucky,

we passed the building that never seems to be finished,

and the Catford cat,

one of the bee gardens above a bus stop is still looking good, I would have thought with all of the sun we have had it would have dried out, 

looking down on O'Neil's,

we walked past the 'green', 

to the mental grass outside of O'Neil's, 

a coke for Diana,

a white for myself,

 macaroni cheese for Diana,

scampi and chips for myself, the bill came to £16.00,

into the park and home,

I was amazed at how many leaves, 

are already on the ground, the trees must be having a hard time,

not far now,

not a cloud in the sky, arriving home a shower and a change of clothes, luckily I had 2 parrot shirts which we bought in Vietnam when we were there, 

hardly any change to the picture as I was out again,

past the green and on to a 227 to Bromley,

I was meeting Steve, Mike and Phil, for a preshow drink, in The Partridge, in Bromley,

the pub has a well stocked bar,

we all meet up, and were out into the High Street,

we were heading for,

the Churchill Theatre,

we were going to watch a tribute band, Think Floyd,

I had to take a photograph of the owl outside,

and the Bowie bench inside,

Phil was really looking forward to the show, well we all were, as it happens Diana was invited when the tickets were bought, but like Kai, Pink Floyd was not their taste in music, 

the show was great, 

the lighting unfortunately a tad too dark for the camera,

but just occasionally a spot light came on,

the music superb,

the light show so impressive,

what a great way to round off the day,

afterwards Phil,  

Steve and Mike adjourned with myself, to the pub, after saying our farewells it was home for a night cap, before Diana and myself were off to bed.


No comments: