Thursday 16 March 2017

Books Could Be A Thing Of The Past,

or so we are lead to believe,


with pdf downloads or perhaps Kindle et al., but for many not so well known titles I guess there will always be a market to hold a real book in your hands, so I have listed a few titles here that you might in a strange and bizarre set of circumstances find useful, like 'The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification', one of the reviews, “This book is for those of us who believe that shopping cart theft is a gateway crime, much like pot is known as a gateway drug to harder drugs. Everyone needs to learn to identify the stray carts in your own neighbourhood!” Heather, Amazon $13.86,

'Dinosaurs with Jobs: A Colouring Book Celebrating Our Old-School Coworkers', is another must have for your book collection, the review, “Cute illustrations; I appreciate that this features dinosaurs of all employment levels, and does not discriminate based on species.” Nicole, Amazon $5.27,

I just had to put this one in, 'How to Talk to Your Cat About Gun Safety: And Abstinence, Drugs, Satanism, and Other Dangers That Threaten Their Nine Lives', well it had a kitten on the front of it! and the review, “I decided to order this because my cat was out of control; promiscuous, a gun nut, and using the internet unsafely. I read her this book over the course of a month, and did some activities. I now have a well adjusted, polite, safe cat who enjoys life the way it was meant to be. Thank you.” Amazon Customer  Amazon $8.60,

I keep seeing so many Zombie movies where Zombies take over the world, but here is a chilling thought, garden Gnomes are already here! which is why 'How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack: Defend Yourself When the Lawn Warriors Strike (And They Will)' is a must read, the review, “In an uncertain world, you can never be too prepared. This book has helped me fully prepare for all the possibilities of a garden gnome attack. When the inevitable occurs, I’ll be their queen, thanks to the helpful tips in this book. I just urge you all to read it before it’s too late…” Laney, be prepared to be invaded, or become their Queen like Laney, or I guess their King, Amazon $11.39,

and finally a sobering thought, 'All My Friends Are Dead', the review, “This book is a great litmus test. Show this book to someone, and see if they have the sagacity and intelligence to appreciate the stoic humour that this book presents. If they frown and pooh-pooh this book, avoid those people because they’re probably not going to be very good company.” Amazonian, Amazon for $9.83, well with titles like these I think it is safe to say that actual books will be with us for some time as these titles are all must haves for any bibliophile and no I am not on commission!


No comments: