Thursday 1 August 2024

Blog Posted,

and I was out, 


into a bright sunny day to visit Duncan, 

nearing the new mini roundabout at the entrance to the park,

it seems pretty much finished, as I passed it on the top floor of the number 54 bus,

past Peter Pan's Pool,

and heading into Catford with almost clear blue skies

at this bus stop, 

the bee garden looking good on top of the bus shelter, 

in Lewisham the plants looking nice on The Watch House, 

Lewisham market up and running, 

but I have read that next year all of this, 

and this along with the High Street will disappear for 6 months as everything is ripped up and replaced, 

good job I bought next months train tickets to visit Duncan yesterday in Beckenham, and did not rely on the ticket office in Blackheath being open!

I was in luck a Gravesend train was arriving as I stepped on to the platform, then at Dartford, "all off, this train terminates here!", the passengers were told that a train to Gravesend was following this one, which it did not, we were then told the train waiting on platform 2 would continue to Gravesend, what a shower the railways have become, the good news was that arriving at the bus hub in Gravesend a 483 was waiting, so straight on board, 

I was soon walking up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan lives, 

past the silver birches at the entrance to the home,

what a scorcher of a day, for a change today Duncan was in the day room,

and everyone had a surprise visitor, 

a care dog called round, 

as you might expect he is a great favorite with the residents and what a nice gesture form the dogs owner to call round, 

in the day room we chatted away as the UK won 2 gold medals at the Olympics, after saying our goodbyes, I was out, and it was still blue skies, 

I made my way to the bus stop and then onto a train, that went through Dartford to Blackheath, so no changing trains on the way home, but I was not so lucky with the number 54 bus, 

1 to 4 no number 54, 

5 to 7 no number 54, 

but there it was, number 8 in the list of buses stopping, only 21 minutes away, 

passing the gardens opposite Lewisham hospital the geraniums, 

putting on a good show in all of the beds,

the bee garden here, 

getting a bit hidden by dead leaves, 

I was soon walking into the park,

I have no idea what this sign means, 

but it certainly spoils taking a photograph of Foxgrove Lodge, 

I carried on walking,

soon passing the snail mail box and arriving home, I watched a couple of quiz shows, 

before my evening read and sherry, today the latest edition of Private Eye arrived,
 
Diana had left me a crab stick salad on a bed of small leaves sprinkled with chopped spring onion,

eyes down and tuck in, 

Diana had also left me a huge chicken curry, 

'Cheers!', Diana arrived shortly after my evening meal with photographs of her day out with Kai, 

Kai as they arrive at a Japanese cook your own food restaurant, Charco Charco Yakiniku,

and Diana as some of the food arrives,

and there was lots of it!

let the cooking begin,

the first to be cooked, the bill came to £70.00, but the restaurant was offering a staggering 50% off!

next a walk to Covent garden, 

Diana in Denim,

whilst there, 

a latte coffee each, 

whilst they relax, 

and have their photograph taken, 

before a walk here to Trafalgar Square, 

Diana strikes the pose, 

a selfie, 

and another,

Kai sits in the shade, well it was so hot today, after saying their farewells Diana arrived home, where we decided to watch the last episode of Frontier, before Diana was off to bed, for myself one from Have I Got A Bit More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: