Saturday 31 August 2024

Blog Posted, Exercises Completed,

a shower and a shave,


and I was out into a nice warm day, 

first stop of the day, Godfrey Shoe Repairs & Locksmiths, I needed new irons on the heels of my shoes, I wear out the heels so quickly, also one of my shoes needed stitching as a part of the upper was becoming detached, the good news was they would be ready in a hour or so, which as I was going to do some shopping in town was great, 

a walk past the green,

and the Travelodge, which still shows no sign of being completed, 

my first stop into the post office, I had found some 6 X 4.5cm and some 35mm transparencies, that I want to have scanned, so I was here to post them to a scanning company, my printer/scanner does not scan transparencies,

next into Sainsbury's, with winter approaching we were getting low on soups,

they only had chicken noodle, 

and spring vegetable in stock so several each of those, if you have not tried these, give them a try, they are so tasty, I also wanted to buy 4 cartons of beetroot juice,

if it does half what it is supposed to do, it is worth taking! I have a glass a day in the afternoons, 

shopping completed, so back to pick up my shoes, £27.00 later and I was on my way, 

into the park and home, where Diana was already home, in the evening we decided on a meal out, 

so glad rags on, and on to a number 54 bus to, 

our favorite Indian restaurant Kathmandu Masala

a sherry and a couple of poppadum's, 

Diana's starter lamb samosas, 

for myself a prawn puri, a coke for Diana and a red for myself,

our main courses arrived, a Kathmandu kukhura, lamb Punjabi and a prawn delight, along with a mushroom bhaji with mushroom peas rice and a garlic nan bread,

what a feast!

for our desserts a matka kulfi, 

for Diana,

a Jamaican coffee for myself, 'Cheers!', our bill came to £113.00 including a 10% service charge, as we always say, "we will be back!" we were lucky with the bus home so a nightcap or three as we watched a Ain't Half Hot Mum before we were both off to bed, another early start for Diana tomorrow.


No comments: