Friday 16 August 2024

Diana Was At Work,

in the afternoon I was out, 


past the snail mail box, 

and to Beckenham Junction station, for two reasons firstly I wanted to change the day I visit Duncan next week, but as you might have guessed the ticket office was closed, I took the train to Victoria, where I tried to change the tickets again, but was told, "They are Southeastern tickets, we cannot change them here" so that was that, next a couple of tube trains to Leicester Square, 

looking back to the station, 

and over the road to Chinatown, I was in London to meet Doc Jeff who was in the UK for a European tour, regular readers may remember Jeff,

he is on the right in this photograph of myself with Brian that was taken 9 years ago in April, when we were all in Pattaya,

so this street, 

or this street?

luckily I knew where I was, 

into Gerrard Street, 

to the Golden Dragon restaurant to meet Jeff, 

and here he is with our starters, crispy duck with pancakes, 

followed by soft shelled crab, chicken with cashews and special fried rice, all of which was delicious, the bill including a bottle of red wine and service charge came to £82.00 which Jeff very kindly picked up, many thanks Jeff,
 
next out and about for a beer or three!

first stop De Hems Dutch Cafe Bar, 2 beers £15.75,

Jeff enjoys craft beers and choose the one in the middle, a larger and lime for myself, 

next stop Simmons Bar a craft beer for Jeff, a Camden pale ale for myself, the two £13.10,

lastly a Spoons, the Montague Pyke a Doom Bar for Jeff a San Miguel and lime for myself, £10.86, we just did not stop chatting about our friends and times in Pattaya that we both meet over the years that we were there, the good news is that in hopefully 10 weeks time we will be meeting up again in Pattaya, a safe and happy trip Jeff, see you soon! we made our way to the tube station and said our farewells, 

I was soon hurtling over the River Thames, 

and walking back home from the station, arriving home Diana was already in bed, tomorrow she has another early start, for myself a Have I Got More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: