Friday 2 August 2024

I Had A Lazy Day,

but we did have to test the fire alarms, as part of the maintenance of the building, 


and then I spent the afternoon catching a few rays on the sunbed and watered some of the grass as I listened to Beyond Our Ken, I should say that as today is Diana's day off I will only be making one short post, and as soon as that is posted we will be out,

back to Beyond Our Ken, it was the precursor to 'Round the Horne' - starring Kenneth Horne, Kenneth Williams, Hugh Paddick, Betty Marsden and Bill Pertwee, so funny to people of my age, totally meaningless I guess to today’s youngsters, this of course was a radio broadcast before the days of television in every home, the show used plays on words and made a number of fictional characters household names, here are the first few episodes,

if you want to hear British comedy from the late 1950s grab a coffee, in the evening inside for our evening meal as we watched a couple of quiz shows, we were then going to watch the quarter finals of BattleBots, but that was cancelled for a horse race, so a couple from the Antiques Road Trip it was, we had now finished Frontier, 

so Wycliffe it was, as it happens we watched a couple of episodes back to back, it was so nice as the series is set in Cornwall, which we visited in February 2020

it was wet and windy when we were there, this photograph from another day there

and as it happens it was actually Valentine's day! after Wycliffe Diana was off to bed, for myself one from Have I Got A Bit More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: