Wednesday 7 August 2024

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

and as soon as I post it, I will be out to visit Duncan, 


back to Tuesday, today Diana was on a late shift, so we had breakfast together, 'Cheers!', with a mug of tea as we started the day with fried eggs on baked beans on toast with bacon, delicious! after I dropped Diana off at work, it was feet up for a couple of documentaries followed by 2 quiz shows, before my evening meal,

Diana had left me a crabstick salad, with red and yellow peppers, diced spring onions, tomatoes and cucumber on a bed of small leaves, 

eyes down and tuck in, after which the finals of the 2020 BattleBots season championship, of the lead up games only one was televised, the others lost to sport or horse racing, so I only saw one of the four preliminary rounds, anyway the champion for the Giant Nut in 2020 was,

End Game, in case you are not familiar with the programme, the robots usually weigh in at 250 pounds, it is up to each team to use that weight between batteries, motors, attack weapons or defence armour, I am always amazed at the amount of work that goes into the building and preparation of the robots, never mind the driving of them, and I always have to remind myself that if a robot is lifted and thrown across the BattleBots arena it weighs 250 pounds!

a little look at some of the action, and this is what the teams are competing for, 

the Giant Nut, each Giant Nut is made from a solid piece of aluminium material, with the BattleBots logo engraved into its front, above its threaded hole. For the modern seasons, the World Championship season number was also engraved into the front of the trophy, each Giant Nut weighs 27.7lbs and measures ten inches across its diameter, after which it was a couple from the Antiques Road Trip, followed by a Poirot, when Diana arrived home it was feet up for a coffee, and by shear happenstance a Have I Got A Bit More News For You was just starting, so we watched that before we were off to bed.


No comments: