Sunday 4 August 2024

I Had A Busy Day,

I tried to complete Friday's post, 


but ran out of time, next out to the shop as Graham had asked me to give him a hand as Carl was on holiday, past the snail mail box and on to a number 54 bus, 

which had dirty windows I noticed as I passed the green,

off at This 'N' That,

which is next to the florists, then over the road, 

to Kingfisheries for my day at work to start, it was great fun as usual familiarising myself with new stock that had arrived since last week, also meting a few customers that I remembered from before I let for Thailand all those years ago,

after work homeward bound, looking at Foxgrove Lodge, I took a closer look at this, 

a bollard installed in front of the building on the pavement, 

on one side a bicycle, 

on the other a bicycle, pedestrian and child, 

what does it mean?

at home time for a read and a sherry, 

Diana had left me bangers and mash, with lashings of onions, 

'Cheers!', after which I watched a couple of Cops Uncensored, watching it I was reminded of a quote from the film Snatch,

 'You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity', which was apparent in so many situations, the film for the evening, 

The Bombardment, a harrowing film made of the RAF in WWII making a low level raid where the target in Copenhagen was mistakenly identified and bombed, the raid had fatal consequences as some of the bombers accidentally targeted a school and more than 120 people were killed, 86 of whom were children, the true story is here, when I say low level, one of the 1st wave hit a 30 metre tall lamp post and then the wingtip of their Mosquito hit the roof of No. 106 Sønder Boulevard, after the film Diana arrived home, so we had a coffee and a chat before we were off to bed.


No comments: