Friday 16 August 2024

It Seems To Happen More Often To Me As I Grow Older,

forgetting a word I know well, 


like coulrophobia, the fear of clowns, try as I might I just could not remember the word when I needed it, the photograph is from one of our days in Venice in March 2018, back to not remembering words, there is a name for it, the term is "lethologica." The word is made from two Greek terms that mean forget and word, here is the history of lethologica and what scientists think may cause it, another term is "lethonomia," which applies specifically to someone's name that you can't recall, and then I found out there is another term, "loganamnosis," that I strangely found in another article from a different source, loganamnosis is a term for when you experience lethologica or lethonomia, and then become so obsessed with remembering the word or name that you can no longer enjoy what you were doing when it happened, I suppose forgetting words must be more common than I thought, if there is a name for it!


No comments: