Saturday 17 August 2024

Diana Was Already At Work,

as I made my way to the shop,


it was a gloriously hot, warm, sunny day, 

I had to call into the shop to drop off some plastic bags and a new tablet, the brown bags I had also ordered on the 8th still had not arrived, the annoying thing is it is impossible to talk to anyone at the company I ordered them from, all the automated response did was to give me a Royal Mail tracking number, which when I copied and pasted it on the Royal Mail site informed me that it was a invalid number! I will wait until next week and inform Edenpack Ltd that I will cancel the order as that is the only other option their automatic response gives me, arriving back home it was feet up for a couple of quiz shows before my evening meal, normally as it is Friday I would pop out for a beer with Steve, but as today is his birthday he is spending the evening with Kai, it was time for a read and a sherry,
 
I mentioned a couple of things firstly the latest copy of Private Eye had arrived, and secondly one of the many items I enjoy is 'Number Crunching' this is one of them in the latest Eye, from the Eye "the discrepancy largely arises from the years in which Thames was owned by funds run by Australian asset manager Macquarie" and here is the rub, Macquarie is making major moves into the solar farms that certain government minister are keen on, now where can I buy shares in solar farms and receive huge dividends?

for tonight a couple of onion bhajis, 

eyes down and tuck in, 

for my main course chicken tikka masala and plain rice, 'Cheers!',

I followed that with a couple of Antique Road trips after which Diana arrived home so feet up for another instalment of Wycliffe before she was off to bed, for myself I watched Braveheart, I had watched the movie before, it was a great, almost all action movie, great to watch, but to be fair it was one of the least historically accurate movies that have ever been made, but still enjoyable, trouble was I kept rooting for Longshanks, after which I too was off to bed.


No comments: