Tuesday 27 August 2024

Diana Was On A Early Shift,

in the afternoon we arraigned to meet up, 


as today at the mansion there was the So Last Century fair going on, out into a sunny day, 

and there she was, 

we made our way past the gates that stop cars from entering from this end of the park,

on the left the part of that park that had been planted and was to be let grow naturally really taking shape,

lots of vans and cars parked, only exhibitors allowed here, 

on the right at the rear of the mansion the area was packed,

a really natty VW food stall,

lots of stalls in front of the mansion, no plant stalls today however, 

I started taking a few photographs of the stalls, 

behind me, the fish & chip van, that was my evening meal sorted!

I carried on looking at the goods on offer, 

almost everything here from the 1940s, to the mid 1960s,

I have mentioned before so many items on the stalls I remember from my own childhood, if not in mum & dads then in school friends homes, 

Diana took a quick photograph of me,

Diana had seen something that interested her,

a selection of plates and crockery, 

glass dishes, 

and all manner of things on this table,

almost every home had a set of 3 G Plan tables like these, 

or this one, 

in the next few stalls, 

a selection of other bric-a-brac

if soda syphon collecting is your hobby, 

this is the stall for you,

they were everywhere!

Diana was hungry, well we both were, 

so route 66 it was, 

for Diana, a large chicken & chorizo,

whilst we waited, 

I took a few more photographs, Diana picked up her meal I looked at the fish & chip stall, sold out! just my luck,

we popped around to the rear of the mansion,

under the big tree, 

a jazz group was playing, which was rather nice,

I had a look at the stalls at the rear, 

again so many things here from my youth, 

but nothing took my fancy, 

so we started on our way home,

Diana was amazed at how big and heavy her meal was, 

past the snail mail box, 

and it was here that she weakened!, it started as just a nibble, you can guess the rest! arriving home Diana made me a sandwich and then finished her meal as we watched a quiz show and a Bangers & Cash, after which a couple from Wycliffe before Diana was off to bed, for myself as it happens another Bangers & Cash was showing so I watched that, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: