Friday 1 May 2009

Another Fast Car,

this 1965 race car is expected to go for £10million,
with money to tight to mention I would have thought that this was the worse time to sell an expensive car, but it appears not, this 1965 Shelby Cobra Coupe - one of only six ever made, is up for grabs if you have got the minerals, the Cobra was one of six cars built by Carroll Shelby to compete against the dominating Ferrari in the F.I.A. (Federation Internationale de l'Automobile) World Manufacturers Championship for GT race class, an experimental coupe body was built on an existing Cobra chassis, made in the UK by A.C. Cars of Thames Ditton, (in a strange twist of this story my fathers paint company supplied the paint for A.C. Cars)
and when I get back to the UK this summer I will look forward to driving my one,

I bought it as a wreck in the mid 80's,

it was originaly a AC Aceca, but the roof was removed by the lorry that ran over the car as it laid upside down on the motorway, the previous owner had by then luckily managed to crawl away from the wreckage,

9 months and lots of blood, sweat, tears and money and I was burning up the countryside!

having a chat with Mahendra at his surgery,

just blip the throttle a couple of times and watch the fuel gauge go down,

now off to frighten the horses, I have not got a soft top for it, I go on the principle it is so fast you can dodge the drops! happy motoring!

No comments: