Saturday 23 May 2009

Friday And It's Market Time!

Diana wanted a new belt so off we went,
as usual we parked in Pattaya Tai instead of Friendship to avoid the Tuesday/Friday "tea money" this is the entrance to the market we used,
and as usual lots of dresses to chose from,
I had a quick wander around the livestock and garden section, I guess because it is the rainy season there are lots of these bulbs around, we have bought some in the past but only one of them has flowered so far,
and loads of seeds if you are really green fingered!
plants for sale everywhere,
and lots of local handicrafts,
I almost bought a shirt for myself, but Diana beat me to it, she bought me a pair of shorts, and I surprised her by buying her 2 dresses,
it looks crowded but in truth nowhere as near as many people as this time last year,
after the shopping a couple of ice coffees, unfortunately this cafe has adopted the practice of not giving your change back unless you ask for it, they just wait it out and hope you forget, well after a 14% price rise this week for the ice coffee and having to ask for our 20 baht change again, I think I will try another cafe next week, I know it is only a small thing, but when it happens twice a week it does become a little tiresome to keep having to do it,
on the way back to our bike I noticed this custom one, a early Yamaha two stroke,
some one has spent a lot of time and not a little money on it, Yamaha is a company that has gone a long way, from Torakusu Yamaha building his first reed organ in 1887 and then beginning to take orders for more, 1954 making it's first motorcycle the YA-1, then in 1991 production of pianos and wind instruments both surpass the 5-million mark, in 2005 it's ten millionth wind instrument is produced, if you look at the company logo it is 3 crossed tuning forks, I wonder if Torakusu would have ever thought his company would have grown as large as this?
Torakusu Yamaha (April 20 1851 – August 8 1916)

No comments: