Friday 29 May 2009

Red Or Dead!

squirrels in the news again! the message from gamekeeper Paul Parker, "Greys your days are numbered!" he has made it his mission to save the native red squirrel from extinction at the hands of its aggressive grey cousin, in less than two years, the 'conservationist' has culled 22,622 grey squirrels, a rate of about 200 a week, with the help of a £150,000 Government grant the father-of-three, 45, has eradicated the grey invader from many parts of Northumberland and is set to go south to do the same there, it appears that we are eating them in restaurants, I will have to look out for them when I am back in the UK! but the RSPCA has criticised the mass attack as 'ethically questionable', more fat cats scrabbling to keep their well paid jobs, never mind that they, as all farmers know are vermin, (the squirrels not the RSPCA officials! a close call I know but I thought I had better clear that one up)

No comments: