Wednesday 20 May 2009

Off For A Bit Of Shopping At Lukdod,

well in truth we were going to Truevision on Sumkivit, I was going to cancel our satellite package as it was more than a little expensive and they had dropped BBC Entertainment, one channel that both Diana and myself enjoy, I was chatting to Mr. Tony about the cancellation and when I thought about although we watch many films I would guess that BBC E was about 30% of our view time, so a significant amount of time to be cut from the service, so as we were out that way into Lukdod,
lots of pots and woodwork for sale,
if you want to buy a wooden elephant this is the place to come! and lots of metal statuary as well,
and a wooden motorcycle for me,
after finishing shopping there we called into Truevision, it is on Sumkivit on the same side as Next, between that and Soi Saim Country Club, in a big electrics store, we had a chat with the very helpful lady there, copy of passport, information written on it, she said the engineers will call round on the 30th. June and we will receive our deposit 45 days later, no form that Bangkok said we have to sign, so I do not know what that was all about then, next we decided to call in to see Nick and Maureen, as soon as we arrived Maureen and Diana tucked into the chocolates, so no change there then!
now in flower in their garden are some Hibiscus, they are related to the cotton plant,
there are literally hundreds of shades of the flowers that are in this Hibiscus range from white through to dark reds, yellows and orange to pale blues,
the Hibiscus border at Nick and Maureen's
I had one of these when I had a garden in the UK, it was called then a Chilean pepper plant, although I do not think it was a true pepper, so I looked it up on a pepper plant page, I never realised there were so many! this is the Hot Chili Pepper Seed List, Pepper Index, this is a commercial site, but interesting neither the less, as an aside if you want to know how hot a pepper is you could do worse than consult the Scoville scale, invented in 1912 by Wilbur Scoville, there is a BBC site here with a good run down on how it works, also as an aside Scoville at one time worked for Parke-Davis pharmaceutical company, It was once the world's largest pharmaceutical company,
Maureen and a glass of red wine for me, it was purely medicinal, really!
with Nick and a beer,
and this was what the medicinal wine was for, it was so hot I took my shirt off and there it was, well you may remember last week when I stumbled over in the bedroom and hit my head well this happened too, of course I spent all afternoon telling anyone that would listen that Diana had done it in her sleep, but no one believed me!
Maureen very kindly made us a snack whilst we were there, prawn cocktail for Diana with cheese and biscuits for me,
Taa-ta was so pleased to see us, she was running around everywhere,
on the way home we stopped to watch a crew plant a road side sign, notice the ominous skies filled with rain,
but first the evening meal, chicken feet soup before the skies opened up,
so much choice,
but we always end up here at the soup stall,
and this is what we bought at Lukdod, a silk like table clothe, two boxes with reading glasses and a pen in each, a pair of sunglasses for on the bike as mine are so scratched, a set of place mats for 4 with matching drinks coasters, chopsticks and holders and sauce plates with napkins, of course we could not go there with out buying anything for Diana so a hand bag for her, all for 990 baht the lot, (£19.80) a good deal, I think, I am so out of touch with UK prices,
a close up of the table set,
and the silk like table cloth, then a phone call, "are you in?" 30 minetes later the Sohpon cable guys called round, a little while later we had Sohpon, 24 hours early, I am still in shock! then to make the evening complete whilst switching channels there it was, The Tudors, never seen it on a Tuesday before but feet up cup of tea, and joy of joys the episode we missed last week due to the day being moved was the first being shown, there is a down side, well there always is, it started at 1 in the morning, and wait for it, it was a Tudor fest, 4 episodes one after the other, we staggered into bed just before 5 this morning, but great viewing just the same, soon off for breakfast, we were going to eat on the beach, but it is raining hard, hopefully it will stop soon, meanwhile with Truvision and Sophon cable it is feet up and a cup of tea till it finishes!

No comments: