Friday 28 December 2018

I Keep Thinking,

'any day now',


 that we will have some snow,

 I am guessing Diana will be looking forward to it, 

 as she enjoyed the snow and cold so much when we were out in Finland earlier this year,

 with that in mind I thought I would post these black and white photographs from the camera of Pierre Pellegrini, from Switzerland, courtesy of the Galleria Valeria Bella Stampe, Milan, Italy,

 Swiss photographer Pierre Pellegrini is drawn to remote landscapes dotted by tree groves, snow-topped piers, and structures that have fallen into a state of disarray,

 for myself the photographs remind me of how quiet the snow makes things,

 when we were walking, there was just the sound of our feet crunching the snow,

 long exposures were needed to achieve the contrast in his photographs,

 so when will it snow over here?

although many do not want to hear it, for us soon please! You can see more of his square format black and white photographs on Instagram.


No comments: