Saturday 25 January 2020

Diana Was Off To Work,

I was off to Bromley


I walked through Beckenham Green past the church,

and noticed them,

the first of the springs daffodils,

and this is where I was going,

the open air market,

which is in the now pedestrianised High Street,

there were three fruit and vegetable stalls, which I have been told are all owned by the same family, so no competition there then!

I stopped by the fishmongers stall for some whelks,

as well as food stalls there were some selling items for sewing, as well as hats and jewelry,

plus a few selling food to eat on the spot or takeaway,

and I just had to buy some chestnuts, from the hot chestnut man, who was in the 1950s a TV series story teller, as I mentioned before in a previous postmy first of many introductions to Johnny Morris, after dropping the shopping off home, I was out again to pick up a skirt for Diana and my overcoat that had been dry cleaned, when I dropped them off on Wednesday I was told  'any time after 12.00 midday on Friday', at 2.30 in the afternoon I called in, 'come back tomorrow on Saturday after 11.00', just my luck, after my evening meal Steve called round so we chatted the night away,


Diana called to say she was on her way home,so after saying goodbye to Steve we meet at the bus stop and walked home,

where it was feet up for a film, Ghostship which we had both watched before and enjoyed so much we wanted to watch it again, as an aside it had a beautiful opening song, which we both like so much,


from Monica Mancini singing Senza Fine, (Without an end / Never ending), but was portrayed by Francesca Rettondini in the film, the song written in 1961, we watched the film with a few nightcaps and after that we were off to bed.


No comments: