Wednesday 8 January 2020

I Have To Admit,

when I first looked at this photograph,


 I was fooled, I thought it was a photograph that had been altered in Photoshop, to give the impression of the devils horns appearing out of the horizon, but I was so wrong,

 all photographs from Elias Chasiotis,

he had spent the last days of 2019 in Qatar, during one of these days, a solar eclipse was underway as the Sun began rising above the horizon, making it look like a devil rising from the waters, and Chasiotis captured it all,


Chasiotis intentionally chose a place with the open horizon where he got a perfect view of the eclipsed sun emerging from the sea. “I hoped that optical effects like inferior mirage would be visible and I was lucky enough to capture them,” he said. “The weather conditions didn’t look good in the beginning as there was a lot of haze and low clouds in the southeast, I was worried that nothing would come out of the eclipse. However, when the sun finally began to rise, it looked like two separate pieces, some sort of red horns piercing the sea. It soon took the form of a crescent, with the so-called ‘Etruscan vase’ inferior mirage effect visible, due to its shape, the phenomenon was nicknamed the ‘evil sunrise.'” note to self, just because a photograph looks strange, it still might not be photoshopped!


No comments: