Sunday 19 January 2020

Into Town Again,

I had a letter that I wanted to send by recorded delivery,


 so off to the post office walking past the church,

 next on my 'to do' list was a visit to Bromley, 

 whilst waiting at the bus stop, I noticed a sign above a shop,

 which I guess is going to be renovated,

 I wonder what the business was?

 the 227 arrived and I was soon in Bromley, first stop, Robert Dyas, I wanted to buy a couple of shoe shine brushes and some black shoe polish, 

 I made my way past some of the open air stalls,

 and the balloon seller,

 into Lakeland to exchange our co2 cylinder for a full one,

 then home, 

 where I spent the afternoon playing with the orchids,

 the smaller of the bargain basement ones,

 was putting on a lovely show,

 with three of the four buds now open, 

 the slipper orchid,

 still looking so good, 

 another of the orchids we bought at Hobbs,

 was still putting on a great show, after spraying them all with a fertilizer,

it was time to give the glasses a clean in the aquarium, it is amazing how quickly algae grows on the glass, but there it is, now the fish can look out as well! next a top up of water that had evaporated since the last maintenance day, on to my evening meal, and a real treat, a few more CDs that I ordered had arrived,

this time the majority of songs from Italy,

  mostly sung in the 1950s/60s. but some a little later,

not to everybody's taste, 

but I like listening to them when I am writing the blog, reading or having a meal,

I mentioned they were mainly Italian, but I bought this one to add to my French collection,


if you are wondering what type of songs I listen to, here is one above, from Monica Mancini singing Senza Fine, (Without an end / Never ending), but was portrayed by Francesca Rettondini in the film, the song written in 1961, 


you may remember the song from a film, Ghostship, which incidentally we really enjoyed,


time for my evening meal, starting with a sherry, 

and continuing with a wine or three, I spent the evening listening to music, many of which I had not heard before, by now, just before midnight, Diana had called, and I walked her home from the bus stop, we had a nightcap and were then off to bed.


3 comments:

MikeC said...

Here is something I found which may be of interest follow the links in order given and enjoy a little nostalgia ...... hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYCsgYm8yCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RF4fn03_TU

They may not hyperlink from here so copy and paste in your browser. Enjoy.

PattayaStan said...

Dear MikeC, many thanks for the link, in part 2 a number of shops and buildings are still here, like the Chinese garage, the railway station looks exactly the same, and Deen's cycle shop is still in the same shop and name, and if you look carefully you can actually see where we live at 4.41 in part 2, the Beckenham Cricket Club is still here, we are both members, but the courts have moved and were replaced with a football/cricket pitch, many of the sports clubs are still in Foxgrove Road, Lloyds, Midland et al, I was thinking that todays H & S would have a fit seeing the funfair and floats with no seat belts! again many thanks for the links, best regards, Stan and Diana.

MikeC said...

I found your home on Google Earth using the view from your window ..... hehe, nice place you live!!