Saturday 18 January 2020

When It Comes To Art,

the phrase, 'I know a lot about it, but I do not know what I like,


is often bandied around, or is it the other way around? any way, the above painting is on sale, it is a childish drawing, that reflects the realities of the Soviet era through the innocent eyes of a six-year-old boy, it was drawn by the now 41-year-old journalist Vladimir Mkrtchyan, “When I painted this picture, I was small, it was Soviet time,” Mkrtchyan told 360TV. “In my works I reflected the reality that came to us from TV screens, from books. I was interested in the theme of the civil war in that period.” titled “Red Army Man on Horse“, the expensive artwork was recently rediscovered by Vladimir Mkrtchyan while he was sorting through his old things, the idea to sell it for a fortune came to him suddenly, after realizing what a true treasure his childhood drawing really was, “I put all my soul and all my childhood delight into it,” the journalist said. “As you know, the artist’s hand is guided by God, which means He liked it so much.”as it happens he believes it is worth twice the asking price as it is a unique piece from the era, and the asking price? 


140 million rubles ($2.3 million), I wonder if someone will actually buy it, and even better for the journalist, what if two art connoisseurs get into a bidding war for it? what can you say about the painting, it has a certain childish charm I suppose, now where are my childhood masterpieces showing the streets of Woolwich and Plumstead I painted as a kid?


No comments: