Sunday 8 January 2017

I Am Not Quite Sure What I Was Looking For,

when I came across these,


 somehow slightly disturbing photographs,

but the more I looked,

 the more I realised how much hard work had gone into making them, 

“Mothmeister” is the name of the creators of these scenes of figures and items from the art of taxidermy combining them with surreal backdrops, they call their fictional universe Wounderland, ”

 nearly 200 Wounderland portraits are on their Mothmeister’s Etsy page, the Belgian pair have been collecting the pieces, masks, and costumes used in their photos for more than two decades, the couple often opts for remote locations, sometimes taking hours or even days to travel to destinations,

“Wounderland is a no man’s land, far away from ugly concrete cities and their stressed-out human inhabitants,” they told 7Q Interview, “We prefer to shoot in barren landscapes, without any voyeurs around, We travel to remote sceneries on foot, packed like mules with all our costumes, taxidermy, and equipment", you can see more of their work and buy a print or two on their Etsy page, also you can follow them on Instagram, as an aside if you have time the interview is a good read, and no I am not on commission! I just think the pictures are so, well different.


No comments: