Thursday 29 October 2020

Almost Everyone,

was here this morning,


firstly the adult male fox,

then one of the cubs appeared,

who kept a respectful distance for the adult,

the cub was very skittish, every time I moved it looked up,

the adult just wanted more nuts,

then out of nowhere the second cub appeared,

along with the two magpies,

the second cub soon started feeding on the nuts,

but like the first was very wary of any movement upstairs,

it almost looks like synchronised feeding!

the crows put in an appearance as well,

then I was off, Diana had already left for work, as I made my way past the houses in the park,

reaching Beckenham Green,

preparations were under way for Halloween,

I made my way through the green to the bus stop, ran for a bus then realised it was the woung one! at the next stop I got off and walked through the green, again!

I eventually arrived at the dentists, where I had another fitting of plate to replace my missing teeth, hopefully in 2 weeks time I will be walking out with a great big smile!

back to the green, eventually, two buses went sailing past, myself and a family of 4 waiting at the bus stop, each bus could normally take 30+ passengers, but due to the virus, the bus was only allowed to take 11 passengers, hence the first two buses could not stop as they were full with the lucky 11 each, bearing in mind this was a midweek afternoon, it must be a nightmare trying to get to and back from work in the rush hour, walking back through the green,

some pumpkins had been placed on the concrete steps,

more were being unloaded,

as the green was readied for Halloween,

I asked what was happening, and was told over the next few days a Halloween event was going to take place over the weekend, lasting until next Wednesday, depending upon Diana's work schedule we might pop in to see what it is going to be,

keeping to a pumpkin theme, there were lots of them at Waitrose,

shopping completed back through the park,

and these were amongst the bits and pieces I bought, a panettone, the same as the one we were nibbling at every night, it was so nice,

and a real treat,

a Nocciolato panettone,

I hope tastes as good as it sounds!

in the evening a sherry and a read,

for my starter, a smoked salmon terrine,

followed by a corned beef sandwich,

with strawberries, red currents and cream to finish,

I listened to music until Diana called just before11.00, then off to the bus stop and home, feet up, a coffee, with some of that delicious panettone before we were off to bed.


No comments: