Saturday 17 October 2020

The Fox Was Up Early,

for his morning peanuts,


Diana was already at work,

as I made my way into town,

the stall by the station now selling fresh fruit instead of flowers,

I made my way past the church,

 to the photo shop, where I was reminded of the Monty Python cheese sketch, firstly I wanted two pieces of paper laminated together, 'our machine does not do that' which begged the reply, 'have you tried two pieces of paper together?' the answer 'no', naturally it was not a problem for the laminating machine, next I wanted a business card laminated to protect it, 'our machine does not do card', 'well can you try?' again naturally it was not a problem, I am trying to think back, but I can not remember a time when I have been in a shop and the assistant was so negative, but there it is, next stop Boots the chemist for my bi-monthly prescription, all the usual tablets, gout, blood pressure, etc, the good news nothing to pay,

I also called into Kingfisheries for some RO water then home, where the fox was waiting, so a few more nuts for him,

in the evening a read and listen to music,

for tonight a prawn salad,

'Cheers!', later in the evening Steve called round for a beer and a chat, with the new lockdown coming into place this will be the last time we can meet up until the lockdown is over, after Steve left Diana called just before midnight, so off to the bus stop and the walk through the park and home, where it was feet up for a coffee and a nightcap, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: