Thursday 15 October 2020

The Fox Was Waiting Downstairs

for his morning peanuts,


before I could open the window,

it was time for a scratch,

then hunt the peanuts,

Diana was on late shift today, which meant that this morning she cooked breakfast,

fried eggs on baked beans on toast, what a nice way to start the day!

I spent the day catching up on a few things, some subscriptions I wanted to renew and some cancel all arrived at the same time, each seemingly endless as I waited my turn in a telephone queue, 'please press number one for claims, number two for new customers, number three for', you get the idea, then time for my evening meal, but first a pre-meal sherry,

followed by a chicken sandwich, 'Cheers!',

Diana closed up at midnight, so 2 buses later she called, so through the park to pick her up at the 162 bus stop and home we went, feet up for a coffee and a chat, then just before1.00 AM we were then of to bed.


No comments: