Sunday 25 October 2020

The Crow Was Back,

a couple of times as it happens,


which considering how windy it was,

surprising, it really was blowing a gale, in the day I pottered about the house and decided to clean the bathroom blinds, 

they are not the normal size Venetian blinds,

 each slat is just a half inch or so across, it was a bad decision, each slat had to be wiped individually, which was time consuming in the extreme, but even worse,

a couple of days ago as I was trimming the flowers I had bought for the table, I slipped with the scissors and nearly cut a chunk of my own flesh off, you have no idea of the number of times one of the slats found this cut and opened it up again, and here was the problem, I could not stop halfway through cleaning them as it looked worse than if I had never started!

on to my evening pre-meal sherry,

for my starter tonight serrano dry cured ham, and some from the Emlia Romagna region, smoky chorizo, salchichon salami, pecorino bianco and cheddar cheese, biscuits and cheese straws, plus silver skin onions and mini gherkins

'Cheers!',

for my main course a half a roasted chicken,

I munched away on a leg first, and nice it all was too, just before10.00 Diana called, so off to the bus stop to pick her up,

the rain had not stopped all day, so it was puddle time on the way home, arriving back feet up for a Have I Got News For You, a New Tricks and we were off to bed.


No comments: