Wednesday 21 October 2020

One Of The Crows,

was training me well,


if there were no nuts on the window sill, he would tap the glass, when he saw me get up from typing the blog, he was off on his wings to the hedge or tree, I then put some nuts out, close the window and back he would fly, yes he has got me well trained! Diana had already left for work, meanwhile I was waiting in for a package to be collected, which in the early afternoon it was, so I was out, on two missions,

walking through the park,

I could not help but notice that this year there was a bumper crop of acorns,

my first mission into Bromley,

to Jessops to drop off the Panasonic Lumix GX8 camera that failed on Sunday, Joel, who I spoke to gave the camera his professional once over, making sure I had not pressed a button that might have stopped the auto-focus working, but it was not that simple, so details taken he will send the camera back for hopefully a repair, the estimated time for return about 4 weeks, so our next trip out will be with the Sony Alpha a7 II with its 28-70 zoom lens, but for today I am using our pocket Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ25, which will have its sensor cleaned when the GX8 is returned,

I walked past the Art Deco styled cinema to the produce shop where before I had bought some chestnuts, but alas none were in stock, so on to my next mission, back to Beckenham and on to the tram,

to Croydon and the twin chimneys,

which meant,

I was at IKEA,

yesterday on her day off, Diana had been looking at some of the photographs of our travels and decided that a few needed frames, to be hung in our bedroom,

I think they were expecting crowds, but luckily today no queuing,

so 4 frames picked up and I was out in no time,

back to Beckenham and through the park and home,

some of the trees with hardly any leaves left,

this is where the photographs we wanted framed were taken, the Lido de Paris

when we visited in March 2018,

these of course were professionally taken,

by the photographer in the venue,

and what a night we had! we treated ourselves to the V.I.P. meal and table, what a memorable event that really was, back down to earth, I watched some television after my evening meal,

at 10.45 Diana called so I was on my way to the 162 bus stop at Beckenham Junction station, home and feet up for the last part of New Tricks, then A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Hi Stanley. My wife and I have enjoyed your blog for some time. Funny I see you are just a tad older than me given my birth in Kansas May 21, 1950. My Thai wife and I have been married 16 years now and she is 26 years my junior at age 44 vs my 70. She was a teacher in Ubon Ratchathani for 6 years until we married. I sponsored her through college in Khon Kaen u earlier. We were married in Ubon with a Buddha wedding then off to Minneapolis Minnesota for an official wedding with the court judge a month later. We moved from Minneapolis to Nashville where I had a home office and Alley worked shifts as a wait staff in a Thai restaurant. She was first working as a pharmacy assistant but the money far better in the restaurant plus she could have a few Thai friends. We were in Nashville 9 years then We both retired. We then moved to Central Florida where we have been for 6 years. Our home is now on the market and we are going to move to Texas next for a fresh change. We did spend a week in Thailand last year visiting family and 5 weeks touring Vietnam with a group of friends...some living there. The COVID-19 has shut down our travel activity but we stay busy with short outings and movies. Thanks again for sharing your blog with us as fun to see what you 2 are up to each day. You both stay safe and healthy. Regards John and Aphitsamai (Alley) Olive ps say hi to your fox for us!

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Aphitsamai, many thanks for reading the blog, I am glad all is going well for you both, as you can see for us although we have moved to the UK we are still out and about as much as we can, but the lockdowns are a bit of a pain, we will give the fox a extra handful of peanuts when he is next around, best regards, Stan and Diana.