Saturday 12 October 2024

Diana Had A Busy Day,

it was her day off, 


so she spent it packing our bags for our holiday, and having a 'clear out', naturally I helped as much as I could, by staying out of her way! we started that day with a bacon roll and mug of tea, I did help in one way, by spending just over £200 on my travel insurance, it used to be so cheap, but at 74 and taking tablets for diabetes and high blood pressure, the premium was always going to be loaded, in the late afternoon the packing was completed, a suitcase each and one carry on case, and time for our evening meal, 

on time as always, my Christmas present from last year from Diana arrived, a copy of Private Eye

just a small snack tonight a egg mayonnaise sandwich, 'Cheers!', after which I was out to meet up with Steve, I was lucky with the buses, as I approached the number 54 stop a bus was pulling in, then as I passed the 227 stop I looked at the church bus stop and a 227 was waiting, 

so I alighted at the stop opposite Pierluigis and caught the 227 there,
 
in no time I was at the Moon & Stars, and met Steve, we chatted the night away on all manner of subjects, from fish and bee keeping to drag racing at Santa Pod, after saying our goodbyes and making a move for our homes I caught a number 227 bus,

alighting at the church I made my way home through the park, arriving home Diana was already in the Land of Nod, for myself a spiced rum nightcap and a episode of Have I Got A Bit More News For You before I too was off to bed.


No comments: