Wednesday 2 October 2024

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

and as soon as I post it I will be off to visit Duncan, 

knowing that the bank will be open thanks to my chat with the BankBot yesterday I made my way to Bromley in a cold grey drizzly day, 

past the green, it feels like winter is here, 

as I walked past the churchyard just past the sign, 

I spotted these, 

winter cyclamen, 

the church entrance looking through the wooden structure over the gate, 

on to a number 227 and off at Bromley, I walked past the Partridge, 

the good news someone was in the bank, the bad news it was to tell everyone the bank was closed! despite being assured yesterday it would be open today as normal, I mentioned this to the lady at the door who basically said nothing to do with me, so that was that a totally wasted trip, 

only one stall open in the Hight Street, so back on the bus for me, as well as a number of other disgruntled customers I guess, 

I decided as I was on the number 54 bus to call into the shop, but still no news of Graham's car, I fear it is gone forever, 

back through a still drizzling cloudy sky, and home where I had another chat to the Barclays BankBot, to say I was a tad annoyed was a understatement, the upshot, after what seemed an age of waiting for replies, I received the message, Barclays Bank PLC has no idea when the branch will be open and to try Croydon, a 30 minute each way tram ride away, West Wickham, 2 bus rides away or Lewisham, one 20 minute bus ride each way, but traveling through Lewisham every time I visit Duncan, I would not feel safe carrying a large amount of cash with me, so I guess next week another trip to Bromley in the hope the bank will be open, on the upside I was given £25 in the way of a token amount towards the inconvenience, although in truth I wold have preferred the bank to be open when it should have been open on Monday, after my evening meal, a BattleBots followed by a Antiques Road Trip and couple of Bangers & Cash, next I popped out to pick up Diana as she was closing this evening, arriving back home we were just in time for a It Ain't Half Hot Mum, as we had a coffee and a chat before we were off to bed.


No comments: