Saturday 5 October 2024

Yet Another Day Of Only One Post,

as again for myself I was out early,


out into a cold day, a bus into town,

alighting at the Odeon,

by the war memorial, in the distance what was Barclays Bank being built on to increase the buildings height by a few stories, I had a meeting with our accountants, after which on to the bus,

and back home walking into the park, 

it was still a tad cold, but I was soon indoors, Diana was on late shift today, so a breakfast for two,

and what better than a English fry up?

'Cheers!' during the day after Diana had left for work, I started striping down the aquarium, as we will be going on holiday soon and I did not want to have to ask someone to feed the fish every day, so off to the shop with them, tomorrow I will take out and clean the gravel as well as the Eheim filter, so when we return all will be ready to refill and start again, 

in the evening a read, 

we had such a big breakfast I was not really hungry, so just a sandwich, 'Cheers!',

then out into the night, 

I am meeting Steve in the club, the tennis courts still being put to good use, 

we chatted the night away and we were joined by Frank, after saying our farewells we made a move for our homes, and now for something completely different, 

you may remember this, the two sets of Zebra crossings and mini roundabout at the entrance to the park, 

that took 12 weeks to install, well, as we walked away from the club pretty much all of that work was being destroyed,

the entire road was being dug up!

the lorry is where the centre of the mini round about was, now scraped off and dumped!

all of the work of 12 weeks in materials and labour, just thrown away, 

worse still as a rate payed it is our money that someone has thrown away, 

the Zebra crossing gone, it all lasted I am guessing about 4 weeks from being completed to being destroyed, what a waste, chatting to one of the workers I was told that the roundabout and Zebra crossings would be reinstalled by day break, pity it was not as quick as that when they were installed! arriving home I watched a Ain't Half Hot mum with Diana before we were off to bed.


No comments: