Saturday 9 February 2019

Out Into A Grey Windswept Park,

I was out early,


 and on my way to visit Phil, so a tram to East Croydon,

 then on to the mainline train, I was travelling in style,

 as far as you could see, not a soul in sight, I had the whole train to myself,

 I arrived at Phil's for a coffee and then after a chat we were off,


our meal arrived,

a huge double lamb chop for Phil,

 and a mountain of sausages for myself, 

 on to desserts, chocolate pudding for Phil, for myself February fruit pie, we both choose custard to accompany our dishes, an excellent meal,

 a quick look at some of the inside of The Kings Head before we left, Phil not only picked me up from the station, but very kindly dropped me back there,

just in time to watch two trains become one, with a bit of a bump,

then home just in time to meet Steve at the club for our Friday night drink, beer for Steve, soda for myself, the no alcohol decision still holding up for myself, only 3 weeks to go! 

arriving home we watched Carry On Constable,

and rounded to evening off with another couple from Frontier and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: